We are thrilled to announce that we will be hosting a week of indulgence including White and Black Truffles and Barolo Wine with Chef Nico Pena, October 10 - 17, 2015. Chef Pena has been working in the kitchens of Quince and Cotogna with Chef Michael Tusk for the past four years in San Francisco. Additionally Chef Pena takes inspiration from two long term stages he did at In De Wulf in Belgium and at Osteria dei Binelli in Dogliani, Italy. Together we will hunt for truffles, learn chocolate making techniques from a Master Chocolatier, visit a cheesemaking farm, learn how to make bread and pizza with our own sourdough starter, eat in wonderful restaurants, visit the DOCG wine regions of Dogliani, Barolo, and Barbaresco wineries and hike (or bike) through the Langhe UNESCO World Heritage Site wine country. Email us at email@example.com for information. Maximum occupancy 14 guests in 7 bedrooms.
We recently had the pleasure of hosting Nico Pena at Villa San Lorenzo. Nico came to Piemonte to explore Piemontese cooking, doing additional stints in the kitchens of Osteria Binelli and Osteria Battaglino. During his off time, he took on 8 year old Isabelle on as his apprentice. They shopped the market in Dogliani, purchased a beautiful pork loin from our local butcher, chatted and tasted through all of Piemonte's local cheeses with our favourite cheese purveyor Lino and Isabelle caught four trout at our local sustainable trout pond (in business for 51 years straight!). A huge thanks to Nico for helping Isabelle to start her training for Masterchef Junior and for his wonderful cooking and company.
During our week of October 10 - 17, 2015:
- Learn the secrets of pizza making in our authentic wood fired pizza oven
- Explore the local markets of Dogliani, Bra and Alba
- Enjoy hunting for truffles with a local truffle expert
- Personalized cooking classes with Nico Pena, focusing on local, seasonal products that we source throughout the week
- Learn chocolate making from a local artisan chocolatier
- Eat scrumptious regional cuisine
- Revive with gentle flow yoga classes
All photographs copyright Clay McLachlan 2015